General Board Member
Website Reynard Street Neighbourhood House Inc
Reynard Street Neighbourhood House is an incorporated, not-for-profit organisation in South West Coburg, in the City of Merri-bek. We aim to promote community wellbeing, reduce social isolation, and support and encourage an inclusive, empowered and resilient local neighbourhood. Founded in 1988, Reynard Street Neighbourhood House (formerly named Robinson Reserve Neighbourhood House) is managed by a Committee of Management made up of local residents who have an interest in the community. We receive funding from various sources including Merri-bek City Council and the Victorian Government to assist us in the running of programs and activities.
To be a vital hub for a happy, healthy, vibrant and inclusive Merri-bek community
To improve the wellbeing of our community and build a strong neighbourhood by being a welcoming place where everyone can learn, connect and play.
Our values underpin everything we do. In our work we aim for:
- Sustainability – financial sustainability and a minimal ecological footprint, with an emphasis on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Inclusion – we value diversity and recognise, respect and welcome all people equally.
- Integrity – on an organisational and personal level we maintain high standards and our operations are honest, ethical and transparent.
- Respect – for ourselves, each other and the natural environment. We act with care.
- Community connectedness – engagement with the local service system and strong links with organisations and service providers to meet community needs.
RSNH Committee of Management (CoM)
Our Committee of Management (CoM) consists of at least five volunteers elected at the Annual General Meeting of RSNH by those members of our Association (House members) who attend the AGM on the day.
The CoM provides RSNH with community “governance”, which includes developing strategic plans, policies, permanent staff appointment, budgeting and overseeing delivery of legal and contractual obligations. The CoM acts as the voice of our membership in line with the Aims and Objectives detailed in our Constitution.
The Committee is required to meet a minimum of six times per year, but currently meets monthly on a Tuesday evening between 5.30pm and 7pm.
- Developing, managing and evaluation of the strategic planning process
- Developing, reviewing and ensuring the implementation of RSNH’s policies and procedures
- Financial accountability including the development and effective management of the annual budget
- Supporting the Manager in the recruitment, direction and supervision of staff where appropriate
- Developing on-going fundraising strategies
- Other duties as and when they arise.
Experience in any of the following
- Governance/Strategic planning
- Administration and Operations
Other Board and Committee experience is desirable.
- Working with Children check
- National Police Check
To apply for this job please visit www.ourcommunity.com.au.