Website GIRL NOW, WOMAN LATER, INC
The mission of Girl Now, Woman Later, Inc. is to educate girls about menstrual health and reduce period shame. GNWL also works to increase the graduation rate for middle school and high school girls in Burkina Faso. We strongly believe that an educated girl will develop into an emancipated woman.
Burkina Faso, West Africa is one of the few countries in the world where girls don’t get to experience being a girl because of various reasons such as child marriage, school dropout, being left out over boys, and period poverty. Our mission is to increase the school retention rate and graduation rate among middle and high school girls in Burkina Faso. To address gender disparity in education, we team up with local midwives/nurses to provide menstruation education workshops so that girls will learn more about their periods and also keep them from skipping school by providing hygienic feminine products. We also provide tuition assistance to a selected group.
Volunteer Board Member Advisor
Passionate about helping others? Looking to be part of an organization to help underprivileged middle and high school students in underserved areas of Burkina Faso, West Africa. Girl Now Woman Later (GNWL) Inc, is seeking qualified individuals with a background in fundraising, finances, and marketing. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about changing the lives of girls in Sub-Saharan Africa.
We are seeking advisory board members who can advocate for us through leadership, social connection, and strategic governance.
* Representing an audience that the GNWL seeks a stronger connection to
* Promoting GNWL in the community
* Making connections happen through networking and planning events
* Introducing us to potential program partners or potential donors
* Reporting directly to leadership, not the board of directors
* Helping us build outreach lists, introducing us to people who can help with projects, and so on
Why You’ll Love Volunteering with Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain work samples and references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization
- Work remotely and create your own schedule
To apply for this job please visit www.volunteermatch.org.