Website Hip Circle Empowerment Center
Hip Circle Empowerment Center (HCEC) is a supportive and positive space for women and girls. Through a full schedule of dance and fitness offerings, the center helps women meet their wellness goals, find an outlet for their creative expression, and connect with a community of women with similar wants and needs. We welcome ALL women and aim to inspire confidence, health, and joy in all stages of life.
Through dance, fitness, and community we empower ALL women to believe they are strong, beautiful, and worthy of attention.
The Hip Circle Empowerment Center is a safe space for women of all ages, backgrounds, and economic status. It brings together women from across societal boundaries for shared experiences. Through dance and fitness, women are empowered to joyfully inhabit their bodies. Through personal and professional development, women are empowered to courageously accomplish their goals. Through involvement in the studio community, women are
empowered to confidently make their voices heard.
Our goal is to inspire Confidence, Health, and Joy through all the stages of your life.
Board Member Job Description
Board Members support the work of Hip Circle Empowerment Center and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Hip Circle’s executive director Malik Turley, the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as she implements Hip Circle’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Hip Circle for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Approving Hip Circle’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions
- Serving on committees and taking on special assignments
- Representing Hip Circle to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Hip Circle’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Hip Circle serves
Hip Circle Board Members will consider HCEC a philanthropic priority and make gifts that reflect that priority. So that Hip Circle can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, HCEC expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make contributions that are commensurate with their capacity.
Hip Circle’s Board Members will serve a one-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for up to two additional terms (1-3-2). Board and committee meetings are virtually held once a month.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Hip Circle’s mission. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience with executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Hip Circle’s students
- Diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Hip Circle’s students
HCEC is seeking applicants for General Director seats. General Director responsibilities include:
● Attends meetings and events
● Will lead or serve on a committee relative to her expertise and skills
● Will attend a minimum of one HCEC class/workshop per month
It is expected that each HCEC Officer will spend at least 10-15 hours a month for monthly meetings and projects for their designated position and/or committee(s). This working board will meet monthly with the expectation that each member attends the annual board retreat and at least 75% of the scheduled board and applicable committee meetings.
It is common for board membership to come with an expected fundraising component. We know board members bring more to offer than their checkbook. We also know that funders often require 100% board giving for us to be considered for grants and donations. In order to demonstrate fiscal investment by every board member, we expect every board member to make a meaningful personal financial contribution each year and expect HCEC to be in their “top 3” for charitable contributions.
Annual events to support HCEC include and are not limited to:
- International Women’s Day – March 8, 2020
- HCEC Anniversary – June 1 (actual date of event TBD)
- HCEC Custer Fair – June (Father’s Day weekend)
- Bourbon & Baked Goods – August 9, 2020
- Year-end appeal – October through December
Please note that the HCEC is an all-volunteer board that encourages a healthy work-life balance to respect the physical and emotional well-being of each board member. As such, accommodations will be made for family/work emergencies and personal leave of absences with prior notice.
Service on Hip Circle’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
We host our board meetings virtually, so remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
There is no expiring date for this vacancy as we would like to continue growing in size.
For more information click here. Or contact us via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the application form.
To apply for this job please visit drive.google.com.