Website Dublin Circus Project Ltd.
Board Member (Company Secretary)
Dublin Circus Project (DCP) is a non-profit, member-based organisation working to bring Circus Arts to life in Dublin and beyond by: building awareness, providing a dedicated training centre, offering adult and youth circus education, and hosting circus events residencies and performances.
Founded in 2009, our members vary from full time circus performers to emerging circus artists to hobbyists engaging in a fun fitness alternative.
A new opportunity to fill the role of Secretary has arisen and we are seeking a volunteer to contribute their skills and experience to join an existing dedicated Board of 5 non-executive Directors.
We want to expand our Board in order to build on our current board expertise skill-set, as DCP enters into a new and exciting phase of growth and opportunity. We are particularly seeking individuals who have experience in corporate governance and company secretary experience.
This is a voluntary position: DCP meets all relevant travel and subsistence costs for Board members but Board positions are not remunerated.
You must have sufficient time and commitment to fulfil the role which may require up to 4 – 6 hours per month in order to prepare for and attend:
Scheduled Board meetings, approximately 6 per annum, The Annual General Meeting; Some additional hours as needed in the course of the annual cycle in order to fully support the Board.
The successful applicant will be a member of the DCP Board. The specific duties of the Secretary role include:
- Ensure that the procedures of the organisation are in compliance with its constitution governing document.
- Convene meetings of the board of directors.
- Maintain the record of decisions of the board of directors in the Company Minutes Book.
- Supporting board committees to keep accurate records of their work and outputs.
- Convene and record the minutes of the company’s AGM.
- Make returns and submissions to the Company Registry Office.
- Maintain the archive of the organisation’s governance documentation (annual financial statements, strategic plans).
- Lead on an annual governance compliance review.
- Act as a second signatory on corporate documents. Provide advice and guidance on Company Law and relevant legislation.
- Provide the relevant information and documentation to support the induction of new board members.
- Advise on the appropriate communications IT to accomplish the effective and efficient functioning of the board.
- Regularly attend board meetings every six weeks.
- Collaborate on organisational strategy and support the General Manager in delivery of same.
- Represent the Organisation well in all engagements, internally and externally
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Gets to know other Board members and build a collegial working relationship that encourages diversity of thought, respects others viewpoints and contributes to healthy debate and decision making.
- Data recording skills
- Task management skills
- Digital communications and IT skills
- An eye for detail
- Strategy Planning
- Knowledge of the Not-For-Profit Sector in Ireland
- Working experience and knowledge of company secretary role duties
To apply for this job please visit www.boardmatch.ie.